Heya,

I'd like to get a little discussion going about this before anything gets
merged. I posted up a simple patch via HBASE-25841. All it does is add an
`hbase jshell` command to our bash script. I added this because I had an
itch that was well satisfied by the feature. Easy access to a bare jshell
seems like more of a developer feature than an operator feature, for
instance. As it is, it is in no way a replacement for our JIRB shell -- I
wonder if users will expect it to be, and thus be disappointed when it's
not.

Is this a good feature to put in front of users?

Should we do more with it before putting it in front of users?

Thanks,
Nick