Hi Andrew and team,

The other one I'd like to land for 2.5 is the region visualizer
on HBASE-25865. It stalled for most of the year as it required embedding an
HTTP/JSON API into the Master's WebUI, and I identified issues with our
shading of Jersey and its associated JSR implementations. Since those have
been fixed in hbase-thirdparty-4.0.0, I'd like to revive this feature and
bring it home to conclusion.

There are screenshots of the progress thus far attached to the jira. I've
implemented one visualization, a stacked bar chart that illustrates the
total storefile size per table per region server. As a stretch-goal (or
follow-on), I'd also like to implement a region size histogram. Once we
have a couple in place, there should be enough code infrastructure that
adding other views will be relatively painless. For now, the browser-side
development goes slowly because I have limited JavaScript skills.

As mentioned, this feature relies on an HTTP/JSON endpoint being exposed by
the WebUI that hosts the visualization. I have implemented the bare minimum
required endpoint for the visualization that I have on the
sub-task HBASE-25895. While I intend this to be advertised as an
internal-only, IA.Private API, it deserves some scrutiny.

Thanks,
Nick