It's relevant to what kind of mitigation this is. The effectiveness of
reload4j to deal with "the critical CVEs of log4j 1" is limited by how
likely it is that they know about them.

Otherwise at the next CVE we're back in the same place where downstream
users aren't meaningfully more protected. And in that case perhaps we would
do better for our users by e.g. putting more emphasis upgrading across our
releases or providing breaking changes to get the pain over with.