I opened HBASE-26826 to consider the backport of SFT into branch-2.5.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 2:47 PM Wellington Chevreuil <
wellington.chevre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I would prefer the option 2 suggested by Andrew, SFT backported to 2.5 as
> experimental. Regarding the original "thin client/server master do all the
> fix " approach for hbck2 mentioned by Duo, that has already been relaxed to
> include some logic containing functions for some break scenarios where
> master didn't have a solution implemented yet
> (see RegionInfoMismatchTool, FsRegionsMetaRecoverer,
> MissingTableDescriptorGenerator,
> for example). Clusters facing such issues would then require a whole hbase
> upgrade to a version including the fix logic, which is not feasible when
> these are production deployments.

Andrew

Unrest, ignorance distilled, nihilistic imbeciles -
    It's what we’ve earned
Welcome, apocalypse, what’s taken you so long?
Bring us the fitting end that we’ve been counting on
   - A23, Welcome, Apocalypse