Duo points out HBASE-27793 was not correctly committed, has incorrect fix
versions, and causes a spotless error.

Let me call out to all committers that attention to detail is important to
not waste the time of others on the project.

I will attempt another RC next week sometime.

On Sat, May 27, 2023 at 10:21 AM Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org> wrote:

> Please vote on this Apache hbase release candidate,
> hbase-2.5.5RC0
>
> The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.
>
> [ ] +1 Release this package as Apache hbase 2.5.5
>
> The tag to be voted on is 2.5.5RC0:
>
>   https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.5.5RC0
>
> This tag currently points to git reference
>
>   429b34a969beeaaaaf6cb97726ef8ec3cd5e746b
>
> The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
> and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:
>
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.5.5RC0/
>
> The API compatibility report comparing this RC to the previous release
> can be found at:
>

> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.5.5RC0/api_compare_2.5.4_to_2.5.5RC0.html
>
> Maven artifacts are available in a staging repository at:
>
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1518/
>
> Maven artifacts for hadoop3 are available in a staging repository at:
>
>   https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1519/
>
> Artifacts were signed with the 0xD5365CCD key which can be found in:
>
>   https://downloads.apache.org/hbase/KEYS
>
> To learn more about Apache hbase, please see
>
>   http://hbase.apache.org/
>
> Thanks,
> Your HBase Release Manager

Andrew

Unrest, ignorance distilled, nihilistic imbeciles -
    It's what we’ve earned
Welcome, apocalypse, what’s taken you so long?
Bring us the fitting end that we’ve been counting on
   - A23, Welcome, Apocalypse