On Tue, Dec 5, 2023 at 10:15 PM Wellington Chevreuil
<wellington.chevre...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I suspect it is slowness related to storage access.
> > I was not able to find any logs or tweaks to log "slow storage"
> > access, does such a thing exist?
> >
> I believe I have seen warnings for slow syncs from the hdfs layer, but
> don't remember any for the read path.

Likewise, yeah.
I'll see if I can add something going forward, that might be useful.
If I can find the right spots for it.

>  And something else that'd help me: Can anyone point me (if it exists)
>
> at the (vicinity of the) code that actually reads from HDFS at the
>
> end? There are so many layers.
>
> I think you might be interested in the HFileBlock.readBlockData(). I can
> see we are open a FSDataInputStream there, then pass to some other methods,
> using byte buffers and hadoop IOUtils to read from hdfs.

Excellent, thank you!
I'm sometimes wondering if it  would make sense to document the
architecture somewhere but the audience is small and it would need to
be kept in sync.
That's kept me from doing that so far.