When Wei-Chiu and I were working on Ozone support via HBASE-27769, we asked
once when we could supporting hadoop-3.3+, the answer from Duo was HBase
community supports the oldest version of hadoop
https://hadoop.apache.org/releases.html (it was 2.10, 3.2.4 and 3.3.6).

If this strategy remains and once 2.10 becomes EOL then HBase 2.6 should be
able to support 3.2.x and 3.3.x. At the same time, IMO 3.2.x is also an
inactive release version, we can discuss if we should just change our base
of hadoop to 3.3.6 maybe starting from HBase 3.0+

-Stephen