We are almost ready. In my spare time I am still doing some testing on a
larger cluster. My initial tests uncovered some minor issues, which have
been fixed. If there are no other issues, we can move forward.

For now I would like to wait for netty release 4.1.107.Final, which Normal
tells me should be in the next 2-3 weeks. The reason is that there is a fix
for TLS, and 2.6.0 is our first release with TLS.

So my checklist at this point is:
1. Continue testing on a larger cluster
2. Resolve fixVersions discrepancies (there are only a few)
3. Update hbase-thirdparty to 4.1.107.Final and create a release of that.
4. Update hbase to use that new release of hbase-thirdparty
5. Create 2.6.0RC0

Let me know if anyone has issues with this timeline. We don't absolutely
_have_ to wait for netty, but it would be nice.