Hi,

we'd like to implement a way to use authorization information from
Open Policy Agent[1]. We already do the same for HDFS, Trino and a few
other tools.

It's been a while since I dug into the internals on this one but it
seems as if we're missing a piece that's needed and that is a plugin
point to change the actual implementation class for the AccessChecker.
We'd need to override that.

Before I start working on it and open an issue I wanted to ask for opinions.
We'd probably want to refactor AccessChecker to be an interface
instead of an actual class but that is also optional and can be
discussed later.

For now I'd love to know if we're missing a plugin point that we can
use already today but it looks very hardcoded and if the idea of
making AccessChecker pluggable is a useful one we can pursue?

Thanks,
Lars

[1] <https://www.openpolicyagent.org/>