On 19/01/2008, Roland Weber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> sebb wrote:
> > In JMeter we include everything (apart from perhaps the DOAP file) in
> > either the bin or src archives.
>
> Yes, the DOAP is a problem. You can't update the DOAP with the new
> release until the release is done and you know the date. Neither
> the tag for the release nor the release artifacts can contain the
> DOAP with the data for the current release itself.

AIUI the DOAP does not have to be in the release artefacts.

It really only makes sense for it to be in the location which is known
to the  ASF "projects" site, normally SVN trunk. Of course that means
it ends up in the tags and branches.

In the case of HttpComponents, perhaps you could keep all the DOAPs in
the project SVN?

In the general case, perhaps there is an argument for having a
separate SVN location for such items. Maybe a metadata directory? That
could also contain a STATUS file describing  what the different
branches etc are for. [Yes, that should be available from SVN history,
but it can be hard work to piece that together]