On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 12:50 -0700, Harold Lee wrote:
> I've put together a simple HTTP server that resets the connection
> after sending part of the response back to the client. I'm going to
> try to recreate the bug (leaking sockets) by making many requests
> against that server from a Linux box. I'll let you know what I find.
>
> Harold
>

> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 1:44 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 13:32 -0700, Harold Lee wrote:
> >> Regarding this JDK bug:
> >> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6403933
> >>
> >> I think we are experiencing this using HttpCore on Linux with Java
> >> 1.6. We wind up leaking socket descriptors until the JVM process runs
> >> out. We also wind up having to start a new reactor thread, which
> >> creates a new Selector. The old reactor thread keeps running and the
> >> thread dump shows it in sun.nio.ch.EPollArrayWrapper.epollWait as
> >> reported by others in the bug report above.

Hi Harold

Did you have any luck reproducing the problem?

I put together a work-around for the bug that causes the epoll spin
problem [1]. If you are interested in trying it out I will happily share
it with you. The work-around is pretty ugly, so I want to be sure there
is no other way of solving the issue.

cheers

Oleg

[1] http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6403933