We originally added the Facebook mirror support back when we were still
supporting 0.17, which was only available in archive.apache.org.  We were
getting download failures from archive.apache.org all the time, since ivy is
kind of sensitive and archive.apache.org isn't heavily provisioned.

If www.apache.org/dist always had all of the releases needed by Hive, its
availability would probably be fine, but I'm not sure that will always be the
case since they're fairly strict about purging all but the most recent releases.

JVS