[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-9732?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]
Ashutosh Chauhan resolved HIVE-9732.
------------------------------------
Resolution: Fixed
Fix Version/s: cbo-branch
I removed restriction for join type. I was defensive earlier, but don't see a
reason for being so.
Regarding, algo selection I didn't put in that comment because on which tree
form that join algo selection algorithm will run is not clear. Arguably one can
run it on tree containing exchange operator just so it might make costing
easier for shuffle and afterwards run rule on tree to transform it as per algo
annotation of join type. So, hesitated to put in that comment. Once decision is
made in that regard, I will add comment appropriately in this class.
Committed to branch.
> [CBO] Add InsertExchangeRule for join
> -------------------------------------
>
> Key: HIVE-9732
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-9732
> Project: Hive
> Issue Type: Task
> Components: CBO
> Affects Versions: cbo-branch
> Reporter: Ashutosh Chauhan
> Assignee: Ashutosh Chauhan
> Fix For: cbo-branch
>
> Attachments: HIVE-9732.cbo.patch
>
>
> Inserts Exchange operator on optimized calcite operator tree. This facilitate
> easier translation to Hive operator tree.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)