Speaking of the C++ ORC reader and writer, could they be included in the
Hive project or do they have to be separate because they aren't Java code?

By the way, gmail thwarts adding [DISCUSS] to the subject line.  It shows
up in the mail archives, although pre- & post-DISCUSS threads are separate.

-- Lefty