This is great -- thanks Bob!

Would you be willing to contribute it to the Hive wiki, or at least allow
us to link to it from the Testing Docs overview
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/TestingDocs>?

-- Lefty


On Mon, May 25, 2015 at 12:02 PM, Bob Freitas <[email protected]>
wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> I recently needed to figure out how to do unit testing of Hive scripts, and
> it turned out to be something of an adventure.  I had done some previous
> work in this area but things have changed with MR2 and YARN, gee go
> figure...
>
> What I ended up doing was going through the Hive source code to figure out
> how the dev team was doing the testing.  To help out people who come after
> me, I put together an article and github repo
>
> http://www.lopakalogic.com/articles/hadoop-articles/hive-testing/
>
> With this I was able to step through my script, the Hadoop code, the Hive
> code, it was pretty cool!
>
> Hope it helps!
>

Reply via email to