Hi Mihir, welcome to open source.

See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/HowToContribute for a good overview of how to contribute to Hive. One of the best ways to get started is to find a bug you'd like to fix and work on fixing it. You can find a list of open Hive bugs at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE. Once you pick one to work on it is a good idea to comment on the JIRA that you're going to work on it so others know someone's working on it. If you have questions as you go feel free to ask on this list.

Alan.

Mihir Saxena <mailto:mihir.saxen...@gmail.com>
December 14, 2015 at 7:41
Hello Sir,
I am newly being introduced to the open source community and I wish to
work on a project with your Organization. I would be glad if you could
associate me with any of your projects and assist me. Finding bugs in an
open source code contributes a lot in the community and I would love to do
the same.
It would be great if you could provide me an open source project
with a problem statement and offer me to find bugs in it or something else
to link with your community.
I hold a good command on C,C++ and Java and can offer a bit in Python. Your
approval will help me get into the open source environment.
If I am contacting the wrong undersigned, please assist me the right link.

Please do reply.
Regards,
Mihir Saxena,
Pursuing B.E(Hons) Computer Science,