I agree with such change as JDK7 is not longer supported.

Changes on Jenkins and Hive PTest shouldn't be hard. We just need to
replace the path from java7 to java8. But I think we should fix all JDK8
issues or most of them before doing the change or we will end up having a
lot of failures on all JIRAs running pre-commit tests.

+1 with the change.