>> I'd like to suggest Riven.  (Owen O'Malley)

> How about "Flora"?  (Andrew Sherman)

Nice idea and thanks for introducing me to that book, Andrew.

Along the same lines, how about "Honeycomb"?

But since the idea is to make the metastore useful for many projects, a
generic name that starts with "Meta" would be less confusing ... even
though it breaks the tradition of Apache projects having quirky names.
Unfortunately "Metalog" is already in use.  "Metamorph" has other
connotations, but it's cool.

Naming enthusiasm notwithstanding, I'm +/-0 on the idea of splitting off
the metastore into a new project:  -0.5 for the sake of Hive and +0.5 for
the greater good.  Wishy-washy, that's me.

-- Lefty