Hi,

We are exploring the possibility of using hive metastore as metastore for
Apache Drill, to store and
manage our metadata. While investigating, I came across the metastore TLP
proposal,
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Metastore+TLP+Proposal.

I want to find out what is the timeline for this to be available to end users ?
when will it be production ready ?
If we integrate with hive and design/develop using current metastore client
API, do we run
into risk of incompatibility in the future ? Our goal is to eventually move to
using hive metastore only for the
reasons correctly identified in your wiki i.e. users do not have to install
hive to be able to use Drill.

Any input/feedback you can provide to us will be very helpful for us to figure
out our plans.

Thanks
Padma