Hi dev,

I'm wondering if Hive community have ever considered support adding and
altering multiple partitions for multiple tables?

I'm using Hive Metastore to manage the metadata for Presto querying. Our
business requires that we should publish some partitions of data for
multiple tables at the same time in an atomic transaction to keep the data
consistency. Currently Hive Metastore only supports adding and altering
multiple tables for one table.

I drafted AddPartitionsForTables and AlterPartitionsForTables function to
achieve this based on existing AddPartition and AlterPartition logic and we
are testing it on our system.
I'm wondering if community have considered these functionality. I would
like to contribute the functionality if you have interest.

Thank you!
-Kaijie

Tel: +86-13810485829
E-mail: daniel...@gmail.com