Hello,

Some time ago the ptest queue worked the following way:

* for some reason ATTACHMENT_ID was not set by the upstream jira scanner tool; this triggered a feature in Jenkins: if for the same ticket mutliple patches were uploaded; they didn't triggered new runs (because the parameters were the same) * this have become fixed at some point...around that time I started getting multiple ptest executions for the same ticket - because I've fixed a minor typo after submitting the first version of my patch... * currently we also have a jenkins queue reader inside the ptest job...which checks if the ticket is in the queue right now; and if is it, it just exits...this logic kinda restores the earlier behaviour; with the exception that if I upload a patch every day and the queue is longer that 1day (like now); I will never get a ptest run :D * ...now here I come! I've just removed my patch from yesterday; because I want a ptest run with my newest patch; and the only way to force the above logic to do that....is by removing that attachment..

So...could we go back to the state when the attachment_id was ignored?
I would recommend to remove the ATTACHMENT_ID from the jenkins parameters...

cheers,
Zoltan

JenkinsQueueUtil.java:
https://github.com/apache/hive/blob/f8a671d8cfe8a26d1d12c51f93207ec92577c796/testutils/ptest2/src/main/java/org/apache/hive/ptest/api/client/JenkinsQueueUtil.java#L82