Hi,

Thanks Zoltan for starting this discussion. I ran into this a couple times
lately.

I've just opened https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-20191 to
mitigate the
effect of a wrong submission. Since I was backporting from master, I did't
even
notice that the patches were applied on master.

I'd be in favor of changing the pattern, or allowing both '.' and '-'.

@Vihang, from the Hive QE comments it seems that your first two patches were
also applied on master instead of branch-3.

Regards,
Daniel