Hi Justin,

I agree with you that this behavior is not encouraging for new contributors,
and we have to improve on :(
Sadly it is really dependent on the way how we review the incoming pull
requests, and if a pull request is old then it is even more unlikely that it
will get a review.
IMHO adding this timeout will not have any effect on this area.

Thanks,
Peter