An important point here is I don't believe David is proposing to remove
Hive on Spark from the 2 or 3 lines, but only from trunk.  Continuing to
support it in existing 2 and 3 lines makes sense, but since no one has
maintained it on trunk for some time and it does not work with many of the
newer features it should be removed from trunk.

Alan.