Hey Laszlo,

Thanks for taking a look!
Yes, releasing ORC-1.6.7 is definitely the way to go (snapshot was only
used for testing) and I am planning to start a discussion on the ORC list
soon.

However, I wanted to get feedback from the Hive community first and address
any potential concerns for this (significant) change -- so please share
your thoughts on the PR :)

Cheers,
Panagiotis