I built the source from the branch and ran the tests, which all passed.
However I was not able to find the public GPG key. Panos: could you point
me to the location?

Also seems we should create a new version 2.8.0 in the JIRA page:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/HIVE?selectedItem=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:release-page
and update "Fix version" of https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-24458
.

Chao