Thanks for pushing this forward Peter! Being the RM for this huge release
was not an easy task.

Let's now aim for smaller and much more frequent releases.

Personally, I would prefer to keep the alpha-X suffix for a while so I
would opt for 4.0.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT for the next iteration.

Best,
Stamatis