Hi Alan,

I agree that submitting this for a vote is the best option.

> If anyone has additional proposed modifications please make them.
>  Otherwise I propose that the Hive PMC vote on this proposal.

In order for the Hive PMC to be able to vote on these changes they need to
be expressed in terms of one or more of the "actions" listed at the end of
the Hive project bylaws:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/Bylaws

So I think we first need to amend to the bylaws in order to define the
rights and privileges of a submodule committer, and then separately vote
the HCatalog committers in as Hive submodule committers. Does this make
sense?

Thanks.

Carl