Hi,

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 9:39 AM, <dev-digest-h...@hive.apache.org> wrote:

> Are there any specific tests that you are seeing trouble with? If so,
> please feel free to log appropriate JIRAs to get them fixed (and submit
> patches ;) )
>
> There is a developer guide[1] that explains in quite detail how to run
> tests.

This is a VERY valuable resource and I did not see this until you
referenced it here. Thank you for this.

> > Are there any suggested EXTRA_PARAMETERS to be passing in to the JVM
> when invoking
> a build?
>
> I think it depends. If you are running the full suite, most probably yes.
> You might need to do something like export MAVEN_OPTS ="-Xmx2g
> -XX:MaxPermSize=256M.

Much better. Thanks for this. We can add this to the documentation to the
site/wiki as it is currently absent.
Additionally, I can confirm that, on my environment (Macosx Processor:
10.9.3, 2.7GHz Intel Core i7, Memory: 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3) entire build
completes and is successful, I am currently running the test suite. This
results from mvn clean install -DskipTests -Phadoop-2

I'm running the trunk test suite for the first time right now so I ill
report back on how I get on.

> Hope that helps.
>

> You bet. Thank you
Lewis