Hive-0.13.0 works well in my test cluster.

-1

Verified with hadoop-2.4.0 and tez-0.5-snapshot,
Hive cannot start?

And I also built hive branch-0.13, the same error.

[test@vm-10-154-** tmp]$ hive
14/06/05 13:53:45 INFO Configuration.deprecation: mapred.input.dir.recursive is
deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.input.dir.recursive
14/06/05 13:53:45 INFO Configuration.deprecation: mapred.max.split.size is
deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.split.maxsize
14/06/05 13:53:45 INFO Configuration.deprecation: mapred.min.split.size is
deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.split.minsize
14/06/05 13:53:45 INFO Configuration.deprecation:
mapred.min.split.size.per.node is deprecated. Instead, use
mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.split.minsize.per.node
14/06/05 13:53:45 INFO Configuration.deprecation:
mapred.min.split.size.per.rack is deprecated. Instead, use
mapreduce.input.fileinputformat.split.minsize.per.rack
14/06/05 13:53:45 INFO Configuration.deprecation: mapred.reduce.tasks is
deprecated. Instead, use mapreduce.job.reduces
14/06/05 13:53:45 INFO Configuration.deprecation:
mapred.reduce.tasks.speculative.execution is deprecated. Instead, use
mapreduce.reduce.speculative
14/06/05 13:53:45 INFO Configuration.deprecation:
mapred.committer.job.setup.cleanup.needed is deprecated. Instead, use
mapreduce.job.committer.setup.cleanup.needed
14/06/05 13:53:45 WARN conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: hive.metastore.ds.retry.* no
longer has any effect.  Use hive.hmshandler.retry.* instead
Logging initialized using configuration in
jar:file:/letv/hive-0.13.0/lib/hive-common-0.13.1.jar!/hive-log4j.properties
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException:
Filesystem closed
 at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:357)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:681)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:625)
 at
 at
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Filesystem closed
 at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.checkOpen(DFSClient.java:727)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.getFileInfo(DFSClient.java:1780)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$17.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1066)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$17.doCall(DistributedFileSystem.java:1062)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystemLinkResolver.resolve(FileSystemLinkResolver.java:81)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem.getFileStatus(DistributedFileSystem.java:1062)
 at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.exists(FileSystem.java:1398)
 at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.deleteOnExit(FileSystem.java:1353)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.createTezDir(TezSessionState.java:297)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:144)
 at
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezSessionState.open(TezSessionState.java:123)
 at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState.start(SessionState.java:355)
 ... 7 more