I'd say learning curve for git is shorter than for svn, especially for
newcomers, since git is widely adopted and used (afaik most people use git
mirror for development even now, and only use svn to push).
svn in my experience makes it hard to do things, as a general principle.
I've had to write bash scripts to replace one git command (e.g. git clean),
and branching is difficult.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE