Hi Makoto,

I cannot speak for Hive PMC, only as a data tool user and occasional
contributor. I think the idea is very much a good one. Incubator takes a
lot of work because it's all about establishing a vibrant developer and
user community for the project. "Community before code," as they say.

I would also encourage you to consider joining forces with DataFu, rather
than "competing". I think there's a real appetite a wholistic toolbox of
patterns and implementations that can span these projects. From my
understanding, there's nothing about DataFu that's unique to Pig, they just
need the work done to abstract away the Pig bits and implement the Hive
interfaces.

Is there anything about Hivemall that's unique to Hive, that wouldn't be
applicable to Pig as well?

+Casey, as I believe he has some interest in seeing DataFu reach a wider
audience as well.

Good on you.
Nick