Hi all,

Now I’m exploiting HTrace to trace request level data flows in HBase and
HDFS. I have successfully traced HBase and HDFS by using HTrace,
respectively.

After that, I combine HBase and HDFS together and I want to just send a
PUT/GET request to HBase, but to trace the whole data flow in both HBase
and HDFS. In my opinion, when I send a request such as Get to HBase, it
will at last try to read the blocks on HDFS, so I can construct a whole
data flow tracing through HBase and HDFS. While, the fact is that I can
only get tracing data of HBase, with no data of HDFS.

Could you give me any suggestions on how to trace the data flow in both
HBase and HDFS? Does anyone have similar experience? Do I need to modify
the source code? And maybe which part(s) should I touch? If I need to
modify the code, I will try to create a patch for that.

Thank you.

My Configurations:
Hadoop version: 2.6.0
HBase version: 0.99.2