Hi all,

I'm happy to announce that I am going to be mentoring Nisala Mendis this
year in a Google Summer of Code project!  We are going to be working on
adding an Apache Kudu backend for Apache HTrace.

I think this is a really exciting project-- Kudu will make a great
backend storage engine for HTrace.  There are more details about the
proposal here:
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/5694656234913792/proposal/4506009544425472/

P.S. Thanks to everyone who submitted project proposals for HTrace and
other Apache projects.  It was really tough to choose between them and
we greatly appreciate the time that everyone spent on their proposals.

cheers,
Colin