Hi folks,

I am using HTrace 3 with Accumulo.  I would like to trace through a
MapReduce program that uses Accumulo Input/Output formats.  Has anyone done
this?  I am using Hadoop 2.7.2, HTrace 3.1.0, Accumulo 1.8.0.

I confirm HTrace 3 is working with client java programs that scan Accumulo.

I am not sure if Hadoop tracing is working. I added the ZooTraceClient
configuration to Hadoop and added the relevant Accumulo jars to Hadoop's
classpath, but I don't know if it worked.  (I see a new trace entry called
ClientNamenodeProtocol that I never saw before, but it's not proof that
Hadoop tracing is working.)

I don't think the trace is being wrapped around the MapReduce mechanisms
that exec Mappers and Reducers over Yarn.

Maybe I can make it work by detaching the trace?  Would HTrace work if I
detach a trace from one process, record the trace ID, send the trace ID to
the mappers and reducers, and then re-attach at the mapper and reducer
processes?

Cheers, Dylan