Is that always true? For example, expat is not compiled with those flags.

-----Original Message-----
From: Roy T. Fielding [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 7:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 2.0.25 on FreeBSD 4.2-R -- 404 returns text/plain error
page

> As a side note, some portions of the code are compiled with "-D_REENTRANT
> -D_THREAD_SAFE" even when building using the prefork mpm. Why? Doesn't
that
> have the potential to do the wrong thing on some platforms?

No, it would do the wrong thing if they were not defined.  They are required
for the entire executable if any part of the exec has been compiled with
those flags.  In our case, since modules like PHP and others will be
compiled with those flags, we must always compile with those flags or
mod_php's return values for errno won't be correctly interpreted by
the httpd core (a problem that was fixed in some version of 1.3.x by
always setting those flags on platforms that support it).

....Roy