>Hi Henri...
>This is Kevin Kiley.
>It isn't necessary to ask Jean or Mark about leaks in ZLIB with
>regards to mod_gzip or add any 'warnings' because mod_gzip
>does NOT USE ZLIB.

Hi Kevin, happy to see you there :)))

You're right, now the gzip code in included in mod_gzip.c
and didn't rely anymore on the zlib external lib. And I
didn't even noticed :(
Question, when did you included the gzip code in mod_gzip ?
I remember I've to add -lz -lm when compiling in early age of
mod-gzip....

>There are no 'leaks' of any kind in mod_gzip
>and since it uses its own context-based control deck for all compression
>tasks it is 100% thread-safe.

true...

Your suggestion is a good one but it would only apply to things
that actually use ZLIB such as Ian's 2.0 filtering demo.
> >And Tomcat 4.x :)
> >Pier

May be APR team could use you code to make it available to
others modules or apps :!!!

Thanks Kevin, I also updated my mod_gzip RPM :))))