Don't you think that is too much??

[Mon Sep  3 17:32:12 2001] [error] server reached MaxClients setting,
consider raising the MaxClients setting

In my httpd.conf:

MaxClients = 256
Start Servers = 300 ( It was 5, I increased just for testing)
MinSpareServers = 20 (")
MaxSpareServers = 800 (")

I can see at my access_log that one of my virtual domains is having a lot of
access, but it looks like normal...

what else now??

Tks for your help.
Daniel

-----Original
essage-----
From: Justin Erenkrantz
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 3/9/2001 17:28
Subject: Re: IncreaseStartServers

On Mon, Sep 03, 2001 at 05:16:33PM -0300, Daniel Abad wrote:
> What does it means?? Is it an attack??
>
> [Mon Sep  3 17:04:22 2001] [info] server seems busy, (you may need to
> increase StartServers, or Min/MaxSpareServers), spawning 16 children,
> there are 0 idle, and 35 total children

What this means is that Apache is detecting that it doesn't not have
enough children to service all incoming requests.  Therefore, it is
increasing the number of children to handle the load.

I would look at your access logs or look at mod_status (ExtendedInfo
enabled) to see what URLs are being requested.  It may be an
attack, or just that you have been /.ed.  =-)  -- justin