On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 12:08:36PM -0700, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Both Cliff and OtherBill sent me emails complaining about the
> change to strcasecmp in some places to support Brian Pane's
> new hash code in util_filter.c.  (Never mind that a lot of
> the code already did strcasecmp...)

IMO, code examining the filter chain is suspect to begin with. It breaks a
lot of abstractions for code to "reach in" and examine any of those values.

> Please review and test.  My commits are getting an awful lot
> of negative feedback lately, so I'm going to switch to R-T-C.
> So, I'll need 3 +1s to commit this.  -- justin

That's total bullshit. You have commit privileges. If something is the right
thing to do, then commit it.

If people have issues with the commits, then it can be backed out or
adjusted. There is also an assumption that you'll self-correct over time.
But if other people are being overly harsh, then you can tell them so.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/