On Sun, 9 Sep 2001, Brian Pane wrote:

> I think putting it in APR would work.  The one limitation I can think of
> is that adding the cache in apr_explode_localtime() itself wouldn't be a
> win because we'd have to add the overhead of a gettimeofday() call to
> check whether the supplied time was indeed current (and thus susceptible
> to caching).

It took me a minute to figure out why this was a problem, but you're
right.  I don't really like the idea of combining time_now and
explode_localtime, though.  What about some kind of deal like
apr_explode_recent_localtime() which is the same as
apr_explode_localtime() except that the input must never be older than
TIME_CACHE_SIZE seconds?  Or is that too httpd-tailored?  If so, no sweat,
make it an ap_ function instead of an apr_ function.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   Charlottesville, VA