From: "sterling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 1:50 PM

> Did this get dropped??
>
> I believe this functionality is a requirement.  If anyone wants to use
> auth_dbm with apr_dbm, there is currently no reliable way to generate the
> userdatabase for the dbm their apr is built with without writing c code.
>
> This patch *does* work, though I agree with wrowe's assessment.  Anyone
> have the time to do it right?

When Mladen and I last bounced ideas back and forth, it seemed simplest to
keep htpasswd doing what htpasswd does.

He was going to hack together an htdbm (or some such) utility who's args
mirror the current options in dbmmanage.  So as of the moment, I believe
he's started to hack it.

That htdbm must include the group (groups list) and the trailing 'comment',
just as dbmmanage offers.

I would still -love- to see apr use multiple dblibs - better yet - autodetect
which db should be used use when it attempts to open one.  That might be
going a bit far, though ;)

Bill