On Fri, Sep 28, 2001 at 06:31:57PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Ah... Hate to butt in here but if the Justin's original reason for
> rewriting the entire socket input 'front door' was (as he said )
> because of something about it NOT handing client->host
> Transfer-encoding very well then I'm not sure it isn't worse off now
> than it was before.

The code was to clean up a bunch of problems in the input filtering. There
shouldn't be any real functional change (and I didn't see any). However,
adding input filters should actually have a chance to work now.

> I have been looking and looking at the patch and someone want
> to tell me where it checks for TE: which is the only way to
> REALLY know how the Transfer-Encoding will end? ( Blank
> CR/LF following CR/LF following 0 byte length, or no? ).

It did not before, so it doesn't now. For the most part, this is a
rearrangement of code. There is a lot of cleanup and rationalization to the
code. It should be much easier to fix/extend the code now.

> Near as I can tell it just relegates 'extra' CR/LF back to stream
> as 'useless noise' instead of actually knowing for sure if it
> was a proper end to the Transfer-Encoding.

Yup.

> Caveat: I have NOT had time to REALLY pour over this HUGE
> patch so I may be totally off-base... but I think this fact alone
> is what Ryan is trying to explain... there hasn't been enough
> TIME to look at this HUGE/CRITICAL patch.

It *has* been reviewed. Given that we're in commit-then-review mode, and
that two people are fine with the patch, then it can/should go in. If
further problems are discovered in the patch, then they can be fixed in the
repository rather than before the patch is applied.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/