> >    - server/mpm/ (adding a new MPM for AtheOS, which would resemble the
> >                   a lot the Win32 MPM)
>
> You will need this, but I would look at mpmt_os2, which provides a multi-process
> multi-threaded MPM which should be basically portable.  It may use a few
> native OS/2 APIs, but most of it should be using APR.

   Nice. I took a look into each of the MPMs. mpmt_os2 and threaded
seemed to be the best candidates. In fact, this quick search made
believe that it should probably be possible to use the threaded MPM, and
the only necessary changes regarding threading would be inside
srclib/apr/threadproc/

> >    - srclib/apr/ (addding new directories for AtheOS, where necessary,
> >                   using the unix/ directory in the "common" places)
>
> Exactly.  If you have posix implemented, you are done already, the autoconf
> script will choose to use the unix dir, and you can forget about everything else.
> If you have any problems, then you will need to create an atheos directory, and
> you will need to populate it.

   Ok. A further study on the APR directory shows me that the only
places where I will have to add AtheOS hooks are:

   - memory management (AtheOS uses its own shared memory functions,
     instead of mmap and friends ()
   - DSO (likewise)
   - multithreading (likewise)

   AtheOS mostly supports the POSIX standard, but this is not one of the
"main targets" of the OS. There is one point that make me feel a bit
uncomfortable, for now - multithreading works in a different manner, inside
AtheOS - I'm still not *completely* sure it will be able to write a well
designed (ie. non-hacked) implementation of apr_thread_t and friends.
errno is unique for each thread, inside AtheOS, for instance.

> There is an old out-of-date APRDesign document in the APR directory, that will
> at least help you get started.  Other than that, you should join [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> The developers there will help you port APR to AtheOS, especially if you can get
> us an account on a box.  Most of the APR developers are portability freaks, so one
> more OS would be awesome!

   Great. This document cleared quite a few doubts regarding the best
way to implement APR inside AtheOS. A (little) question remains. let's
suppose I define "OSDIR" to "atheos", inside configure.in. If this
directory does not exist, inside any of the subdirectories, the default
one (DEFAULT_OSDIR) will be used, right?

   Thanks again for your help,

   Rodrigo

--
Rodrigo Parra Novo                     iEmacs is the best editor<ESC>
[[EMAIL PROTECTED]]                0cwVI(m)<ESC>