On Thursday 04 October 2001 08:50 am, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> "William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:
> > And if you are correct, that this breaks VirtualHost, then
> > we have a bug and we better fix that before Ryan's commit.
>
> I am not sure if it breaks it or not, but having lots of
> flexibility for specifying name/address/port in the <VirtualHost>
> open directive bungs up the cleanliness.
>
> Listen 80
> ServerName Foo.Com
> <VirtualHost OtherFoo.Com:8080>
>
> What happens?  Presumably the vhost will never hear anything,
> but will/should we detect it and report it?

We don't today.  Should we, probably.  This patch does not touch this
logic though.

> Also, from your example:
> > ServerName this.host.com       [assumes the default port 80]
>
> except that Ryan said there is no default port any more.

That was a poor explanation on my part.  The default port is 80, but we
do not default a listening port anymore.  This means that we will report that
we are listening on port 80 by default, but if there are no Listen directives,
the server will not start.

Ryan
Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Covalent Technologies                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]