From: "Cliff Woolley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2001 10:15 PM

> On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Greg Stein wrote:
>
> > Um... gotta ask Ken about this. He vetoed a change in this area.
> >
> > If the change related to the veto hasn't been backed out, then we may have
> > to yank 1.3.21
>
> I'd totally forgotten it had been vetoed.  :-/ Anyhow, it has definitely
> NOT been completely backed out... look at httpd.conf-dist and
> config.layout--the change is still in.

That's the point.  Had it been left, we might have been fine.  Having been
'halfway' retracted, we were sunk.

I've modified STATUS and propose we tag-n-roll 1.3.22 Monday, around Noon here
in the States.

Gives Greg time to be sure the Expat stuff is dead on (didn't see any note
in Changes post-1.3.21).  Gives us the weekend to decide how to solve manual.

For the Record, I'm:

-1 [also veto] for changing from @@ServerRoot@@/htdocs/manual

+1 for providing <Directory > and Alias from manual to @@ServerRoot/htdocs/manual.

My reason for -1; folks install over existing copies, now they have two conflicting
versions of the Apache docs, one very stale.

My reason for +1; anyone who blasts htdocs/ and starts filling it in hasn't been
using apache very long.  But most folks who point off to /home/www/ or whereever
still might prefer the docs handy.  They can always delete this section when they
change docroot, if they like.

And I AGREE with moving manual out from under /htdocs in the 2.0 tree.  But we
are looking for _least_ surprize for 1.3 upgraders.

Bill