From: "Rodent of Unusual Size" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 9:56 AM

> "William A. Rowe, Jr." wrote:
> >
> > To be RFC compliant we must start by fixing today's wrong behavior.
> >
> > User accepts .en and .fr at q=.5, server chooses one
> > [WRONG: MULTIPLE_CHOICES should be presented!!!]
>
> Both of those are at q=0.5, or only .fr?

At eqivilant quality.  Were they different, the higher value would win.

> > User accepts no specified, we serve none [Also wrong,
> > also MULTIPLE_CHOICES should be the default behavior!!!]
>
> Unclear.  What about a request for foo.html, with no
> Accept-Language field but with 'Accept: text.html',
> and files foo.html.en, foo.html.fr, and foo.html.html?
> Are you suggesting we should send a 300 for that instead
> of foo.html.html?

Forget foo.html.html, we hope to do away with that this time around.

Presuming no other factors, two languages available, and _no_ stated
accept, we should present MULTIPLE_CHOICES as in the case above.

All this is overridden at the administrator's discression.  I'm just
pointing out where we went wrong; it confused the issue when coding this
patch to start from the wrong point.

Bill