Hi list,

this problem is Cygwin 1.x specific, but I'm ask the list for a hint
on where I can start figuring out what we have here:

On the Cygwin 1.x platform (running both 1.1.8-2 and 1.3.3-2) I have
the following effect. While running Apache the load is quite good
handled using the standard MaxServers MinServers and MaxSpareServers
settings. After a while I see from /server-status that ther are
keep-alive slots that seem to stay (as it seems forever). So the
scoreboard fills up in non-determinable intervals with "still"
keep-alive connections, even while the server is not responding to the
connctions.

My questions is what could be causing this? Isn't there a build in
timeout for Keep-Alive connections?! It is AFAIK, but why do they
stay? Any hint on how I can track this down?

For those who are interested:

The machine I'm seeing this (Win200 based, but same on NT4sp6) has an
Apache uptime of 14 days 16 hours, served 35816 hits and 2.9 GB
traffic (.0283 requests/sec - 2494 B/second - 86.2 kB/request). It has
currently 60 requests currently being processed (allmost all "K"), 2
idle servers.

Any help would be highly welcome.

Stipe

[EMAIL PROTECTED]