From: "Justin Erenkrantz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 10:20 AM

> On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 10:15:57AM -0600, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> > I thought we decided not to rely on -D SSL anymore, or am I mistaken?
> > If that 'feature' is needed (and they don't know how to uncomment the
> > LoadModule directive, or they are a static build) I suppose we could
> > introduce the obverse, -D NOSSL, to let folks hobble along while they
> > are fixing their config.
>
> Why not <IfModule mod_ssl.c>?  Or, do we want them to explicitly
> enable it by some action?  Why not just have those lines commented
> out in ssl-std.conf, but protected by <IfModule>?  -- justin

First, +1 on that syntax, irrespective of my next argument ;)  I believe
we have the Include ssl.conf already wrapped in an <IfModule > so that
isn't an issue.

OTOH, this doesn't work for static builds of mod_ssl.c, since the user
can't unload modules from Apache 2.0 and re-add in the same way as 1.3 did.
So we may wish to provide a mechansm for them to cripple ssl convenienly.