On Thursday 29 November 2001 11:12 am, Greg Ames wrote:
> Greg Ames wrote:
> > Non-graceful restarts in threaded had the same problem worker has today:
> > no way to blow away threads which are serving long-running requests.
>
> Actually, an Apache'r who wishes to remain anonymous had a novel idea
> for dealing with this:  close the long running worker's network socket
> from a different thread.  That ought to get its attention fairly
> quickly.

It's a graceful restart.  We don't stop connections on threads during a graceful
restart, no matter how long it has been running.  The only reason to stop the
connection is because a timeout pops.  If the timeout doesn't pop, then we
are successfully sending information.

The worker MPM handles this be starting a new child process, which
shares the same slot in the scoreboard.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Covalent Technologies                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]