From: "Joshua Slive" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 9:12 AM

> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Jeff Trawick
> >
> > 3) I don't like the idea that one Listen statement means more than one
> >    listening socket
>
> I don't understand what you mean by that.  Listen * has always been a
> special case that listens to ALL available addresses on one port.  This has
> been the default behaviour of apache, and it is the behaviour that a naive
> user would expect.

I think Jeff is saying that;

Listen n.n.n.n:80

shouldn't listen to more than one port.  If given in IPv4 notation, it should
only listen on that address.  Given in IPv6 notation, should only listen on
the IPv6 address.

But I'd agree that

Listen 80

is a special case.

Maybe [to keep Jeff happy] we further parse

Listen *:80
Listen [*]:80

to bind to only IPv4 and IPv6 respectively (or something like that???)

Bill